Sunday, November 11, 2007

Task Progression...

Ya know, I really didn't expect this to be all that difficult...but it's turning out to be a hell of a chore. The cause of the added frustration and distress? Laziness! That or fatigue (65-70 hour work weeks are detrimental to not only your physical health but your mental stability as well). I've started to tackle some tasks though:

#103 Keep room, bathroom, & car interior clean & organized for a month
Okay, in order to keep it clean I must first clean it, yes? How hard is that you ask? Well, see for yourself...


here is the before picture:


And here are the after pictures:


See those bags? They're full of the crap that's been piling up in my room! It feels so much better to be in an organized, human friendly environment. To walk freely around my room with my head held high is a breath of fresh, non-polluted air. I almost suffocated while dusting off my ceiling fan and dressers. Clouds of dust violently arose as I slid the damp rag across the damaged surfaces...so disgusting! Two words describe my thoughts after the monumental task was complete: shame and satisfaction. Ashamed that I allowed for the trash, grime, and un-organization to occur to begin with; and satisfied that my room was finally a place where the living could reside. Oh, and another thing, my popz was given a T.V. from one of his customers. Know what happened with that device? You guessed it! I politely confiscated it and placed it in my room...better than what I had:


Before you ask, the answer is yes. Yes, that is the 1960's version of "Astro Boy" on the television...hey, Cartoon Network is running it and I just happened to be on the channel. Got a problem? If so, then I insist that you introduce your lips to my ass!




#70 Particpate in "Hosea's Feed the Hungry"
I finally signed up for Hosea's Feed the Hungry. I'm excited about the whole experience...the sensation of cutting fat off of chicken and turkey, the joy of digging arm length into a bowl of collards, and the glory of baking pounds upon pounds of cornbread. This is my first time participating, and MomDukez says, "you'd better be ready to work cuz they do put you to work." It'll be okay though, I'm coming equipped with my lucky boxers!

#1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 107....Still In Progress (starting over tomorrow 11/12/07)
*Shakes Head* Argh...tsk tsk tsk. I tell ya these tasks are giving me the most trouble, which is a good thing methinks. In order for me to finish these goals I'll need to develop an acute type of determination because the tasks have to be done in constant succession, which means one miss and I have to start all over. I've seen that, for the majority of the tasks, if I make it a habit to complete them in the a.m. I'll have a better chance of completing them. Sigh....guess I'll reaffirm and give it my best shot.

#10 Get out of Debt...
I cannot WAIT till I get this done. I've paid off debt #1 already, and I'm almost done with debt #2 (probably about a payment or two left). I haven't decided if I'll pay off debt #3 or #4 first...#4 has the greater balance, but affects my credit score more directly. I was thinking of the method of paying down #4 a little then switching gears to pay off #3. Still deciding...

#43 Read 100 "African American great classic novels"
I'm currently in the middle of finishing The Color Purple. The format of the novel was unexpected. Chapters are nonexistent within this novel, instead Walker develops the novel as if it were a diary. So far, each new entry begins with 'Dear God". With that aside I must say that I'm actually enjoying the novel. I'm not deep enough to give a full analysis on the plot and subplots, however I will say that Walker's method of developing characters in a indirect manner is interesting.

Well, that's it for now...till next Sunday...

No comments: