Friday, November 2, 2007

“Motivation Is What Gets You Started. Habit Is What Keeps You Going.” --Jim Rohn

The initial purpose of me creating this list was to banish a couple of devilish habits to Hell. Therefore, I've decided to begin my journey by developing a few habits and acquiring items to help me do so (and a couple of things for entertainment to boot!). Also, as time passes my mind keeps searching for more goals to accomplish, so I'm going to create another simple blog to link to this main one (unless I can develop the gift of creating pages). Blah, Blah, Blah...enough of that:

#1: Workout 4x/wk. for 6 weeks
The vain nature of us human beings is vile and disturbing...and yet it's the concept behind #1 on my list! Ha, the irony! Anyway, this has always been a tad difficult for me simply because of the gym is practically a thriving ground for sexual mental activity, such as 'undressing her with your eyes'. Plus, it ALWAYS seems
that all eyes are on you for some odd reason.

#2: Eat at least 2500 calories a day for 6 weeks
Plain and simple...I'm skinny. 2500 calories isn't a lot (it is for me though) but it's a start. Plus, muscle needs those extremely sexy nutrients to ensure proper growth. But damn, eating 6-8 meals a day is hard as hell! That plus all the preparation involved will make this task a stressful one. Hopefully I can find some type of strategy to tackle cooking all the food needed.

#3: Take multivitamins everyday for 6 weeks w/o fail
An easy but beneficial task. I've finally settled upon which vitamins I'm going to shove down my throat everyday. Some vitamin made by GNC...yeah, got tired of searching. Call me lazy, but who gives a sh*t?!

#5: Get 360 waves
Argh! I've be
en at this for ages, but I'm starting to see some mild progress. The way I'm going to measure this task is to add this stipulation to it: I must brush hair for an hour/day for 30 days...should have a pretty good pattern going after this condition is met. Then it'll be all happy happy, joy joy, sunshine!

#6: Floss and use whitestrips 2x/day everyday for 6 weeks
I've always been told I've pretty teeth, but hell, why not make my teeth even more gorgeous?! Crest Whitestrips...the bastards! They're all gunky and it takes concentration to keep the strips from maneuvering around in your mouth. But it'll be worth it in the end...

#10: Get out of debt
Stupidity breeds negative outcomes. Is it worth it? Really? The Enyce outfit or fresh white air forces every month? How about the Banana Republic V-neck cashmere sweaters? Yeah, it isn't...and guess what?! My parents tried to warn me, but did the thick headed "urban youth" (Sarcasm noted? Please tell me it has been...) wanna listen? Oh no, know why? Because I was a "single black 'male' addicted to retail"--Kanye West

#43: Read 100 African American great classic novels

My bookshelf is filled with books with little substance...so, I figured I'd give my own culture a shot. This is my way of starting to look into my heritage. I thought I'd start with "The Color Purple" since I've never read the novel or seen the film (book to movie adaptation is rarely done well anyway). I'm going to be using Half.ebay.com, so I'll start this task when I receive the book.


#99:
Get a unique calendar
I really need a calendar. I mean REALLY need one. So, I thought if I"m going to get one, why not make it a lil' unique?

#103: Keep room, bathroom, & car interior clean & organized for a month
Ever been lost in your own room? Well, I have! Not to mention that I can never find anything when I need it (funny thing is that when I DON'T need it it's in perfect view). Plus, it's just an issue with cleanliness and organization.

#107: Follow a written schedule every day for 6 weeks
I've come to realize that making a schedule every day makes life easier. Not only does it act as a comprehensive to-do list for the day, but it also motivates you and keeps you busy. If only I could stick to it! Life would be so much better with this in full effect hence the task...

#63: Own the "Top 100 Grossing Movies of All Time"
I've always wanted a collection of DVDs since I love movies. I figure I'll complete this by the end of the 1001 days if I just buy 4 movies a month. Once again the lovely Half.ebay.com rescues this damsel in distress.

That makes 11 items that are going to be in full effect on Saturday 11/3/07. By the way, my battery for my camera came in. I've ordered a 2GB memory card from Circuit City that I'm going to pick up tomorrow, so there'll be plenty of picture updates for ya in the future.

No comments: