Wednesday, November 21, 2007

I Feel Horrible...

#70 Hosea's Feed the Hungry...I missed it. Argh! I was extremely excited about participating and helping the needy, but the damn alarm clock strikes again! 6:00 p.m. (but they wanted you to be present at 5:30) is when it started, so to allow enough time I set the clock for 3:30. Well, I awake thinking I've plenty of time because the awkward, heart pounding noise has yet to fill the room. When I glanced at the clock my veins were instantly flooded with adrenaline. State of Emergency! The clock read 5:15...so, I had 15 minutes to get ready and make a 35-45 minute drive. I rushed to the restroom to wash my face and brush my teeth, but then the realization hit me: I was not gonna make it in time. I don't believe that you're allowed to be late, so I reluctantly decided I'll give this another shot for the Christmas season. Oh, and to make matters worse I couldn't even get a haircut today for Thanksgiving...*sigh*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Time seems to get the best of us at times. It's really good that you want to help those in need. There should be more people in the world willing to do something for someone else without looking for something in return.